We've been in business as a film commission since 1983 when we were established as a non-profit professional service organization.
We're a non-profit film commission that advances Minnesota’s economy and enhances its robust cultural environment by promoting and supporting the state’s production industry.
What do we do?
Our core services:
- Attract production to Minnesota through the Snowbate incentive program, a 20 to 25% rebate on eligible Minnesota expenditures.
- Market Minnesota's talent, crew and production infrastructure in the Minnesota Production Directory
- Maintain an extensive statewide digital location photo database.
- Develop and sustain relationships with independent producers and location decision-makers at major studios and networks nationwide.
- Facilitate production with location and scouting services and crew, equipment and permitting referrals.